History of the house

Origins & Coaching inn

The oldest part of this country house was built in the seventeenth century.

In the eighteenth century, the house was a coaching inn where stagecoaches swapped horses on their way from Nice to Grasse.

They travelled over the hills of the Hauts Caucours in Cagnes-sur-Mer, followed the ridge road through Vence and Tourrettes-sur-Loup, to reach Grasse, the perfume city.

Vineyard & Flowers

The property which included several acres was later operated as a vineyard until 1945. Canon Brunner acquired it in 1919 giving his name to the property.

It was later sold to a farmer who grew roses and carnations.

Charm & Artists

Since 1960, it has been transformed into a residence of charm with its old floor tiles, its thick walls, ceilings, exposed beams and stained-glass windows signed by renown artists.

For the best price, book directly with us