High season for citrus
The lemon is an emblematic fruit of the French Riviera, especially the famous Menton lemon.
Every year, the three lemon trees on the property give us a lot of fruits.
We therefore prepare the lemon jam to complement your breakfasts. You will find the recipe in this article.
For your welcome, an aperitif or by the pool, we have also enriched our offer with “Lemon wine”, a subtle blend of white wine from Provence, alcohol, lemons and sugar, all macerated for 45 days before bottling.
Come and taste these specialties during a stay in our charming guest house, halfway between Nice and Antibes.
Lemon Jam Recipe
- 1 kg of untreated organic lemons
- 2.5 l mineral water
- Powdered sugar
- Wash the lemons, cut the ends. Cut them into thin rounds of about 1mm using a mandolin. Then cut each slice into 4 parts. Group all the seeds in a muslin, they will help to make the jam.
- To remove all the bitterness from the white part under the zest, soak the fruit in mineral water in the refrigerator overnight with the poace muslin.
- The next day, cook the mixture for 15 minutes. Return to the refrigerator overnight.
- The next day, weigh your preparation and add 90% of the weight in powdered sugar. Then cook over low heat in a jam pan without stirring for 15 minutes.
- Fill sterilized jars and return them while waiting for cooling.